In chapter 1044, One Piece revealed its most ridiculous fruit. But the fun part is that we saw this fruit in the first chapter. Author Eiichiro Oda has kept the information hidden for 1000+ chapters. Yes, Luffy’s Gomu Gomu no Mi’s original name is Hito Hito no Mi Model Nika (Human Human Fruit Model Sun God Nika). So, what is the Hito Hito no Mi devil fruit?
Hito Hito no Mi Model Nika: All Details
Basic Information about Devil Fruits
Originally there are 3 types of Devil Fruits.
First, Logia-type fruits give the user the ability of different natural elements. Also, the user gains the ability to transform into that element making them almost invincible without Haki.
The second is Zoan-type fruits. This type of fruit turns the users into different animals. However, there are two variations to this rule. One, sometimes the fruit can turn animals into humans too. The other one is Mythical Zoans. This variant is the rarest Devil Fruit and turns the user into a Mythical being.
The third type of Devil fruit is Paramecia type Devil Fruit. This can give the users different abilities. The powers depend on the fruit and don’t fall into the last two categories. This is the very basic information related to the fruits. Now, let’s dive deep into the details of our topic.
The Hito Hito no Mi in English is called “Human Human Fruit”. This fruit has different models and users throughout the series. The fruit is a mythical Zoan-type devil fruit.
Hito Hito no Mi Model Nika Powers
We already explain its full power in the Gear 5 post. Please check it out.
- This Devil fruit is the representation of freedom. The user can do anything possible only limited by their imagination.
- This Devil Fruit gives the user the ability of rubber that is limited by imagination. After awakening it can also turn the surroundings into rubber too.
- The awakening of this Devil Fruit gives the user a Pure white form. The form also represents Freedom.
- There are consequences to using this awakening. After using it for a long time the user turns old and he is almost at the brink of death. However, as we’ve seen Luffy they can turn back from it.
- After awakening the user gets a funny heartbeat. The heartbeat is called “Drums of Liberation”.
Hito Hito no Mi Model Nika vs Gomu Gomu No Mi
The Devil Fruit that Monkey D. Luffy ate is officially known as the Hito Hito no Mi, Model: Nika. It was previously referred to as the Gomu Gomu no Mi. Dr. Vegapunk, a genius scientist in the One Piece universe, mentioned in the manga that the ancient Devil fruit encyclopedia did not have any record of the Gomu Gomu no Mi fruit, and that Luffy’s Gear 5 transformation with the Hito Hito no Mi, Model: Nika resembles the mythical creature Sun God Nika.
Hito Hito no Mi Model Nika vs Yami Yami No Mi
|Hito Hito no Mi, Model: Nika
|Allows the user to transform into a mythical creature (Sun God Nika). Full extent of powers is unknown.
|Yami Yami no Mi
|Allows the user to control darkness and gravity. Can absorb physical attacks and nullify the powers of other Devil Fruit users by touching them. Considered one of the most powerful Devil Fruits.
Hito Hito no Mi Model Nika Previous User
There is no information available on the previous user of the Hito Hito no Mi, Model: Nika Devil Fruit in the One Piece manga or anime. It is known that the fruit was previously called the Gomu Gomu no Mi and was eaten by Monkey D. Luffy, but the identity of any previous users of the fruit is unknown.
Some fans have speculated that the fruit may have been used by Joy Boy, who is said to be the most feared person the World Government encountered and responsible for the Void Century, but this has not been confirmed in the series.
Is Hito Hito No Mi Model Nika The Strongest?
The full extent of the fruit’s powers is still unknown, it is speculated to be one of the most powerful Devil Fruits due to its association with Joy Boy.
Hito Hito no Mi Model Nika Facts
Monkey D. Luffy in Wano finally awakened his devil fruit during the climax of the Kaido fight. Finally, we got the origin of Gomu Gomu no Mi. The fruit is called Hito Hito no Mi; Model- Nika. here we will discuss everything you need to know about Hito Hito no Mi; Model- Nika:
- This is not a Paramecia-type devil fruit. This is a Mythical Zoan-type fruit.
- This fruit carries the name of a God. Sun God Nika was the Warrior of Liberation who spread laughter among people.
- Like other Zoan-type fruits, it has a will of its own. As Gorosei said for 800 years the fruit might have rejected them. That is why the Government never got the Devil Fruit.
- Most possibly this was the fruit of Joyboy. In Wano, Zunesha said he had heard the Drums 800 years ago. So Joyboy might be the last person to awaken the Hito Hito no Mi; Model- Nika. As Zunesha was a friend of Joyboy it may be the truth that he heard it then.
- The fruit was hidden and falsely named by the Gorosei to hide its true identity. Imu and Gorosei were the only people who knew about its existence.
- Shanks stole the fruit from a Cipher Pole ship. Who’s who was a part of that Cipher Pol group? Also, it hints that Shanks might have known the importance of that fruit.
- This fruit defies the logic of physics. It can even materialize Lightning and catch them with bare hands. Also, it can create things out of nowhere. Like we see Luffy create sunglasses from his hair.
- In Punk Hazard this devil fruit was first foreshadowed. In a conversation with Momonosuke Luffy says he is not a Zoan user so he doesn’t know the abilities. After almost 400 chapters it came to light that it is indeed a Hito Hito no Mi.
Hito Hito no Mi Model Nika Hybrid Form
As Luffy’s devil fruit is a Mythical Zoan type, it will definitely have a hybrid form. In the manga/anime so far, Luffy still does not know his fruit is a Zoan, so he is unaware of its full capabilities. Therefore, we have not yet seen his hybrid form revealed.
Hito Hito no Mi Model Nika English Name
In English sub, it is called Human Human Fruit: Model Nika.
More Hito Hito no Mi Users:
The first user of Hito Hito no Mi we see is Tony Tony Chopper. His fruit is so far considered a normal Zoan Fruit. The special ability of this fruit is to give human abilities. After the reveal of Luffy’s fruit, this fruit is very important in a potential plotline.
This fruit gives Chopper many special powerups. First of all, Chopper has created 7 points to fight. These forms are almost like Luffy’s Gears but they are triggered by eating Rumble balls. The strongest point is Monster point.
Our next Hito Hito no Mi user is Sengoku, the ex-fleet Admiral. His fruits name is Hito Hito no Mi; Model- Daibutsu. This is a Mythical Zoan fruit which is even rare than normal Zoan fruits. Sengoku because of his Devil Fruit ability was called Buddha Sengoku. So that fruit specifically gives Sengoku the Godlike qualities of Buddha.
While using this fruit’s power Sengoku turns into a gigantic Golden Buddha. He can throw strong shockwaves through his palms. As we have seen during Marineford those shockwaves were able to match the shockwaves of Whiteebeard’s Devil Fruit. Not much is revealed about the fruit yet still.
The third Hito Hito no Mi user we see is Onimaru. He is the faithful fox of Ushimaru. After the death of his master, he ate that fruit. The name of the fruit is Hito Hito no Mi; Model- Onyudo. This makes him a huge monk-type human However, information regarding this fruit is very limited.
So far any special moves or attacks are not specified. However, this makes Onimaru a big human who can fight really well. He defeated many strong samurai and stole their weapons. Also, he fought Zoro for a bit too. So he has also many hidden potentials.